Nottingham based artist, Orton, the alias of UK producer Will Crumpton has sent us his Top Ten albums of 2021
1. Tigercub - As Blue As Indigo
2. Squid - Bright Green Fields
3. Black Country, New Road - For the first time
4. Men I Trust - Untourable Album
5. Shame - Drunk Tank Pink
6. Beach Fossils - The Other Side of Life: Piano Ballads
7. Turnstile - GLOW ON
8. Viagra Boys - Welfare Jazz
9. Geese - Projector
10. King Krule - You Heat Me Up, You Cool Me Down
Having spent years working with bands from RCA Records, Primary Talent, Sony Music and touring, producing, and working in music venues, Will's focus has now shifted to his own music: lo-fi-driven production, often resulting in complex arrangements of instrumentation, ethereal soundscapes. Taking inspiration from the iconic shoegaze sound of the 80's and 90’s, his work evolves from that, leading into new and exciting listening experiences.
A deeply personal EP, 'Sparring' reveals the fragile state Will found himself in at the start of the year, and his process of dealing with growing up and overcoming social anxiety and the loss of family.